10.05.2011

chocolate chips + goldfish crackers = YUM!


it's the perfect snack when you reach that short moment when "dad can't come home soon enough!" (that is always around 5 pm for us)

We had the greatest weekend. I loved general conference and am so happy to have a living prophet to help us know what our Savior, Jesus Christ would have us do today.

I loved Sister Elaine Dalton's talk about the importance fathers, and specifically their influence on their daughters.

Elder Scott's talk about scriptures helped me remember how thankful I am to have my own set of scriptures that I can read from and study from daily. It also made me realize I need to do much better!

And Elder Ballard is always a personal favorite. His talks always just "make sense" to me (one of my all time favorite talks was given by Elder Ballard in 2006). I love how he goes back to very simple principles and expounds upon them to make them great.

Many more favorites! I learned tons and enjoyed the weekend relaxing with family and eating so many yummy treats including Momma Coles homemade gumbo, boudain, and of course, lots of chocolate!

I can't wait to receive the Ensign so I can read all of the talks again, and again.

2 comments:

Cami said...

I love the ratio of goldfish to chocolate...definitely made by either kels or gar. I can hardly see the goldfish in all that brown goodness.

Rasmussen Family said...

I wouldn't of thought to put those together but I LOVE IT :-)